Thread: Loss of power from 2.000 to 4.000 rev Alfa 147 JTD 8v

Default Loss of power from 2.000 to 4.000 rev Alfa 147 JTD 8v

Hello everybody
    I recently had some problems with my Alfa 147 JTD 8v, suddenly i lost power in any gear from 2.000 RPM...like it doesn't turn on turbo, it is very slow then before... and i cleaned EGR and it now shows MCSF error...i really don't know what is the problem, maybe MAF needs to be removed but i don't know how? Also i don't have any black smoke coming from exhaust at all, so i don't think that turbine is the problem, can someone help?
    Here are some pictures so someone can tell me where MAF and maybe some turbo sensors are so i can clean them and remove them...
    http://imgur.com/edcS9VI,P1LvU8m,yXm4vqW,qRX8jK3

Thanks!

Search the forum, the answer is out there...

JK...

See if you can identify the MAF by using this. It's number 1 in the picture. You can easily check if it causes the issue by simply unplugging the cable which goes into it - if your car starts working better this way, the guilty one is the MAF. If, however it works equally bad, it could be something else, for example the turbo geometry might need cleaning...

Quote Originally Posted by badmadafaka View Post
    Search the forum, the answer is out there...

JK...

See if you can identify the MAF by using this. It's number 1 in the picture. You can easily check if it causes the issue by simply unplugging the cable which goes into it - if your car starts working better this way, the guilty one is the MAF. If, however it works equally bad, it could be something else, for example the turbo geometry might need cleaning...
    Thanks i will do it ASAP...also i noted that vacuum pump(actuator) or what is it called is not pulling that piece when i press throttle...here is video how when someone press throttle it goes up and down(mine doesn't do that it just stands still...maybe that is problem?)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KmDmi_e7ozY

Hi,
    Check the waste gate valve on the turbo(or any other valves and pipes connected to the air intake and turbo), it can be stuck. Today I had problem with such thing but on Audi.

PS: Another option you can try is to disconnect the MAF and check if its running faster
    Last edited by ivaylo; 16-05-2013 at 22:57.

Quote Originally Posted by mishel View Post
    ...also i noted that vacuum pump(actuator) or what is it called is not pulling that piece when i press throttle...
    Your "hairdryer" has to be removed and cleaned I think...
    It's a common problem if the fuel you are using is crap (and it usually is) - it leaves lot of "coal" which clogs the turbine parts and prevents them from moving mechanically.
    If you are not really experienced, I would suggest going to some repair shop with people who really know what they are doing and ask them to clean your turbo geometry, but check the MAF as suggested first...