Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ItalFest2007-a prologue to the first Balkan meeting

Default ItalFest2007-a prologue to the first Balkan meeting

Somewhere around Stara Zagora....a sunny Saturday morning…an empty airfield…and a kilometre-long column of beautiful Italian cars, all fast approaches the deserted complex. This was the beginning of Italfest 2007, and event organised by Club Alfa Romeo Bulgaria.

Stara Zagora is situated in central Bulgaria and features wide fields and beautiful mountains. It was chosen to host the fourth national Bulgarian fair of owners' and fans' of the Italian cars. The official start of the program was planned for 11 AM but the cars filled the airfield from 2 hours earlier at least. The sight of the approaching Italian cars can not be described with words, you really have to see and feel it.

The official opening of the program, was by tradition, was announced by the president of the Club Alfa Romeo Bulgaria – Petko Simeonov. He welcomed the Alfisti – over 300 cars and 1000 fans. The program of Italfest 2007 started with “Optical Tuning” competition won by and Alfa Romeo GTV. In second place was ranked an Alfa Romeo 33. Before the fans could take a breath started the “Audio & Video” contest. The ground was shaking under the tyres from the beats of the cars. These two competitions were only for warming up the atmosphere for the real “battle”.

After a short break the cars were lined up ready to start the drag races. The competitors were separated in 3 classes: Class 1 (the lowest class) was reserved for cars with engines up to 1800cm3 and diesels with engines up to 1900cm3 without modifications. The winner of this class was Ivailo Ninov with Alfa Romeo Sprint 1.7 who beat cars like Alfa Romeo 145s in a great battle. Class 2 (the middle class) was cars with engines between 1900mc3 and 2500cm3, cars with engines up to 1600cm3 with turbo chargers, and diesels with engines up to 2400cm3 without modifications. After many starts and eliminations the winner was Iliya Jordanov driving an Alfa Romeo 146 TI. Class 3 (the upper class) was exclusively for cars with engines of more than 2500cm3, cars with engines of more than 1800cm3 with turbo chargers, and diesels with engines of more 2400cm3 with modifications. It was no surprise that the winner was an interloper: Tenyo Tenev at the wheel of a Lancia Delta Integrale.

After the official end of the drag races everyone was able to test their own car on the track against the stopwatch. And just when everybody was pumped full of adrenalin, Simeonov announced the start of the “Master Driving” competition. The special track was very hard with many turns and narrow sections. After many starts, many disturbed cones, and breath-stopping finishes, the winner was Jivko Tonev with an Alfa Romeo 155. All the winners in the competitions were rewarded by the sponsors, Vanto Trade Auto, MD rent a car ,and T&N Car.

During the evening it was party time. Just in a few kilometres from Stara Zagora, in the mountains, is situated one of the most beautiful areas in Bulgaria – the mineral baths of Stara Zagora. The official dinner of Italfest 2007 took place in a hotel hidden in the woods. The evening didn’t step back from the day – it was full of competitions and games. On that night was also chosen Miss Italfest 2007. Unfortunately even the most entertaining parties must end. And it concluded with hundred of Italian cars making a column in the centre of Stara Zagora so that everyone could see and feel these indescribable feelings of owning and driving an Italian car.

By Boyan Stoyanov

Най-бързата Българска Алфа на писта 147QVD, 159 2.4QVDm, Crosswagon Edition Nero, Aprilia SR 50 Tetsuya Harada Replica
    " Marco Cavigioli champion IRC 2WD with Fiat Grande Punto DIESEL"
    "Seat Leon TDI champion WTCC 2008"

Photo gallery Italiaspeed.com:

http://www.italiaspeed.com/2007/cars/al ... llery.html

A lot more pictures can be found here (click on the red link):

http://clubalfaromeo.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=15427

Най-бързата Българска Алфа на писта 147QVD, 159 2.4QVDm, Crosswagon Edition Nero, Aprilia SR 50 Tetsuya Harada Replica

Petko how r u man? Long time no see. You r eager to tell me that, no? You made some mods.........) !!! I made some mods too. i'V SOLD IT!!!(

Now I only have the Lancia Coupe. Pls tell me more about your car, what mods?

See it works....btw you could use the first area when posting to put your user name there...or you can simple sing at the bottom of your post.

Why did you sell the car?

About the mods well, there is the Q2, new remap, don't remember if I had both of the catalytic converters removed when we saw each other, free-flow sport exhaust, Koni-FSD...powerflex all around and some other small things, 6 speed box will be coming soon....and some day 16v unit.

Maybe I should start a new thread in your forum, so we can exchange some info.

Ok. I'v got it! Well ....the car I sold it to a good friend wich is a member of AlfaClub Romania so it remains in the family. Stiil a diesel fan? How is Svetlo? What is the other car fom your avatar? Too many questions I now...

Quote Originally Posted by wolff
    Ok. I'v got it! Well ....the car I sold it to a good friend wich is a member of AlfaClub Romania so it remains in the family. Stiil a diesel fan? How is Svetlo? What is the other car fom your avatar? Too many questions I now...
    yes our Chief is still with diesel in his head... help us to change that.

Very nice to write in our new section in the forum!

http://www.facebook.com/VenturaGarage
    Sotiris Rokkos: "Neno you gave me scary feelings I did not ever feel before in my 30 years experience of racing... you know..."

Quote Originally Posted by KGB
    See it works....btw you could use the first area when posting to put your user name there...or you can simple sing at the bottom of your post.
    You may dance and play guitar too if you want of course
    Алфа Ромео 145 1,8 TS

Svetlio is OK, saying hello to everyone

The other car from my avatar the 159 2.4JTDm is my fathers car...same as the one we test drove in Romania

For now no modifications are done to it....but you know....sideskirts will be the first thing to do.

COME ON MAN.............................I mean real mods not side skirts......engine mods. I don't know how to play guitar & about diesel on Alfas or eny sport cars.........BLEAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH. FIRST OF ALL DIESEL SMELLS BAD!!! It is an inferior product! But as KGB is our friend.........well......he can use what ever he desire!

Quote Originally Posted by WOLFF
    COME ON MAN.............................I mean real mods not side skirts......engine mods. I don't know how to play guitar & about diesel on Alfas or eny sport cars.........BLEAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH. FIRST OF ALL DIESEL SMELLS BAD!!! It is an inferior product! But as KGB is our friend.........well......he can use what ever he desire!
    Beautiful
    Alfa 147 Q2 1.9 JTDm 16v @150++ 2007 червената злобичка ;;; Zafira 1.9 JTD@120++ - белият кенеф
    ex. Alfa 155 1.7 '93;;; ex. Alfa 147 1.9 JTDm 16v @140+ R.I.P. ;;; ex. Lancia Lybra 2.4 JTD@140HP+ 2001

Oh, what a pleasant surprise! A potential flood on the neverending diesel-vs-petrol debate is about to be held in English for the first time in this forum!
    KGB, I think it would be perfectly in oder for you to pin this thread on top of the section
    _______
    146 JTD - ex
    Renault Megane II 1.5 dci - ex

Nissan Qashkai 2.0 CVT - current

It will never be such " vs "!!! What "vs"??? PETROL IS SIMPLY SUPERIOR.

P.S : I have a Nissan Patrol GR TD , but " he " is TRACTOR CUORE SPORTIVO

I think, that trustworty means "diesel-vs-gasoline"

Quote Originally Posted by spe4elist
    I think, that trustworty means "diesel-vs-gasoline"
    I think you should look it up in the dictionary

Quote Originally Posted by wolff
    It will never be such " vs "!!! What "vs"??? PETROL IS SIMPLY SUPERIOR.

P.S : I have a Nissan Patrol GR TD , but " he " is TRACTOR CUORE SPORTIVO
    Do not worry! It is nothing to be ashamed of You have no idea how many of our alfa-racers have recently switched to diesel and JTD's in particular For instance, you can ask the over-excited @ne0, being a fanatic fan of petrol engines (or gasoline if you prefer the US version, spe4elist ) how the hell this fiat bravo JTD found a place in his signature
    _______
    146 JTD - ex
    Renault Megane II 1.5 dci - ex

Nissan Qashkai 2.0 CVT - current

Quote Originally Posted by WOLFF

hahahah nice. You have a bottle of Black Label from me my friend.

http://www.facebook.com/VenturaGarage
    Sotiris Rokkos: "Neno you gave me scary feelings I did not ever feel before in my 30 years experience of racing... you know..."

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast